Posted on September 27, 2022 by GSPI 105 Project Team - Traffic Alerts
Traffic Alert – September 27, 2022
Traffic Alert for October 03, 2022:
On or about the night of 10/03/22, Southbound Entrance Ramp will be closed starting at 10:00 PM and will remain closed until May 15, 2023. This closure is required to replace the superstructure for Str. No.106.3I, Str. No.106.4NO and Str. No. 106.4A. Traffic will be detoured to Route 18 to Route 66 and or to GSP Northbound to Exit 109. See the “Detours” page for more information on the new traffic patterns. Note that in the event of inclement weather, this work may be rescheduled for the following day 10/04/22 or later until completed.
Monthly Project Update – September 30, 2022
Garden State Parkway Exit 105 Monthly Update: 09/30/22
The message below contains important project updates for the GSP Interchange 105 Improvement Project and will be posted on a monthly basis, during the last week of the month, through the end of 2023. The next update will be posted during the week of October 28, 2022.
FOUR WEEK SCHEDULE AS OF September 30, 2022:
Work Area C – Str. 106.4I & Str. 106.4NO – Ramp E3, South Bound Inner Lanes Exit
- During the week of October 3, 2022, crews will install structural steel utilizing nightly lane closures.
- During the week of October 10, 2022, crews will install shielding and overhang brackets.
- Concrete deck forms, sheer studs, and reinforcement steel will begin the 3rd and 4th week of October.
Work Area D – Str. 106.5NO – Ramp E7, North Bound Inner Entrance
- During the week of October 3, 2022, crews will install deck forms and sheer studs.
- During the week of October 10, 2022, crews will install reinforcement steel.
- Concrete finishing machine will be set up and deck concrete will be installed the 3rd and 4th week of October.
Work Area A – Str. 106.3I, Str. 106.4NO and Str. 106.4A – Ramp E1, South Bound Entrance
- On October 3, 2022, the South Bound Entrance Ramp will be closed. It will remain closed until May 15, 2023.
- Demolition Str. 106.4A will take place the 1st and 2nd weeks of October utilizing nightly ramp closures.
- Demolition of Str. 106.3I will take place the 2nd and 3rd weeks of October utilizing nightly lane closures.
Work Area B – Str. 106.4I & Str. 106.4NO – Ramp E2, South Bound Outer Lanes Exit
- Work in this area is scheduled to begin in the Fall of 2022.
SBO to SBI (Local to Express) Crossover – MP 108.6
- During the week of October 3, 2022, work on the SBO to SBI (Local to Express) Crossover is schedule to begin. Traffic will be shifted both on both the Local and Express lanes to facilitate the construction of this crossover ramp. Work is scheduled to take 4 weeks to construct.